LASIK Costs: Affordable Vision Correction
The doctors at Broberg Eye Care are dedicated to providing high quality laser vision correction while keeping LASIK costs down. LASIK surgery is one of the most popular refractive procedures because it efficiently, effectively enhances patients’ eyesight, correcting myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism. This surgery can help you read, drive, watch television, and work more comfortably and confidently. Dr. Peter Broberg, Dr. Halsey Settle, Dr. William McGlathery, and Dr. Ximena de Sabra create a customized treatment plan for each and every patient to suit your unique needs, desired results, and budget. To learn more about LASIK costs or schedule a consultation at our Austin, TX practice, contact us today.
What Does LASIK Involve?
Millions of patients have undergone LASIK surgery because this procedure is convenient and typically delivers outstanding results. Before your surgery, your ophthalmologist will discuss your medical history and perform eye exams to test your prescription. On the day of your surgery, your ophthalmologist will apply numbing eye drops and may use sedation to keep you relaxed during your procedure. Then, he will use our femtosecond laser, which is one of the newest models on the market, to incise a circular flap in the top layer of your cornea. Lifting the flap up and to the side, the surgeon will then use an excimer laser to reshape the deeper tissues in your cornea, improving your corneal shape depending on your particular needs. Once this is complete, he will reposition the flap back over your eye where it will naturally heal. This entire process typically takes less than 30 minutes.
Our doctors will personalize your LASIK surgery treatment plan to suit your needs and wishes, so costs can vary significantly between patients. The following factors can influence the price of your procedure:
- The type and degree of refractive error. Some conditions may be more complex to correct than others, requiring more preparation and laser treatment.
- Whether or not you opt for standard or wavefront LASIK, in which our doctors use a special device to create a detailed surgical map for your unique eyes.
- The tools used for the procedure. We use some of the latest lasers to provide precise, blade-free LASIK.
- The expertise of your surgeon. Our ophthalmologists are experienced. Working with a reputable doctor can save you time, money, and discomfort in the long-term since you have a lower risk of complications or enhancement surgery.
- Your health insurance coverage. While it is typically considered an elective surgery and therefore is not covered by insurance, some providers may be willing to pay for a portion of this procedure.
- The type of anesthesia you use. LASIK usually requires only local anesthesia, so opting for sedation or general anesthesia may come at an additional cost.
Our doctors can help you calculate the costs of your LASIK surgery at your initial consultation.
Invest in Your Vision
Our ophthalmologists offer customized, advanced blade-free LASIK at an affordable cost to make excellent eyesight a possibility for every patient. Contact our office today to learn more about this procedure or schedule a consultation with one of our doctors. Before you visit our office, read answers to frequently asked questions about LASIK.